Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Echobox has access to very large granular private data sets and is currently only using a small part of this in end user products. You will work closely with our CTO to help push the boundaries of what the Echobox Artificial Intelligence is capable of achieving with this data, including the development of new product ideas.
- You will contribute to the development of prototypes that can be turned into end user products by the core development team.
- You will assist in the customisation of the product for new customers and trial data analyses where required.
- You will stay up to date with the latest advances in ML and AI.
- 2.1 degree in a STEM subject from a top tier university
Required Skills and Experience:
- Fluent written and spoken English
- A very strong understanding of classical statistics
- A basic knowledge of different ML and AI methodologies and the desire to become an expert
- Strong background in a programming language suitable for analyses (e.g. R, Python, Java, C#, C++)
- A familiarity with Java (SE7+) and a desire to become an expert
- An ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
- Genuine passion for making the improbable possible
- Strong knowledge or experience in one area of ML and AI.
- Experience developing software as part of a team, e.g. DVCS, open source software projects.
- Working knowledge of big data architectures, i.e. NoSQL, Hadoop etc.
We are a fast-growing, research-driven startup building an artificial intelligence that helps online publishers overcome the challenges they face with their digital strategies.
Using novel maths, data science and machine learning techniques, we are revolutionising the publishing industry and have a track record of building things that others have ruled out as impossible.
Our AI is currently being used by online publishers to automate and optimise their presence on Social Media. Leading names from around the world rely on our product every day, including The Guardian, The Telegraph and over 300 other leading publishers worldwide.
We work with people who have stellar academic backgrounds, as well as the ability to think innovatively. We have a very strong work ethic but understand the importance of autonomy in getting things done efficiently. We all enjoy a great degree of freedom in structuring our work, provided we are in the office most of the week and ultimately get the job done.