You will work closely with our CTO and UI designers to help meet the day to day business needs of Echobox by helping to coordinate the efforts and direction of the technical team. This includes fixing technical problems and responding to customer questions. As the technical team grows you may also become a developer team leader and be responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of parts of the long term product road-map.
- Work with our CTO to help meet the day to day business needs of Echobox.
- Be jointly responsible for the maintenance and quality of codebases and infrastructure.
- Coordinate and guide other developers.
- Be part of an out-of-hours ‘on call’ rota in case of serious technical problems.
We are a fast-growing, research-driven startup building an artificial intelligence that helps online publishers overcome the challenges they face with their digital strategies.
Using novel maths, data science and machine learning techniques, we are revolutionising the publishing industry and have a track record of building things that others have ruled out as impossible.
Our AI is currently being used by online publishers to automate and optimise their presence on Social Media. Leading names from around the world rely on our product every day, including The Guardian, The Telegraph and over 300 other leading publishers worldwide.
We work with people who have stellar academic backgrounds, as well as the ability to think innovatively. We have a very strong work ethic but understand the importance of autonomy in getting things done efficiently. We all enjoy a great degree of freedom in structuring our work provided we ultimately get the job done.
- Minimum 2.1 degree from a top tier university such as Cambridge, Oxford, LSE or similar.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong experience implementing web scale user interfaces, preferably for SaaS tools.
- Strong experience of working as part of a development team and leading less experienced developers.
- A reasonable intuition and passion for user experience.
- Agile development (scrum, kanban, peer reviews etc)
- RESTful web services
- CSS and HTML5
- An understanding of web security (e.g. CSP, XSS, click-jacking etc)
Unfortunately, due to large volumes of email, we are unable to respond to every application. If we have not been in contact within a week we will not be progressing with your application.