You will work closely with our other developers to help meet the day to day business needs of Echobox. This includes fixing technical problems, responding to customer questions and providing software development assistance to the Data Science team. As the technical team grows you should be strongly motivated to move into a Senior developer role.
- Work with our other developers to help meet the day to day business needs of Echobox.
- Be jointly responsible for the maintenance and quality of codebases and infrastructure.
- Help transition prototypes developed by the Data Science team into highly available, scalable and performant end user products.
We are a fast-growing, research-driven, profitable startup building an artificial intelligence that helps online publishers overcome the challenges they face with their digital strategies.
Using novel maths, data science and machine learning techniques, we are revolutionising the publishing industry and have a track record of building things that others have ruled out as impossible.
Our AI is currently being used by online publishers to automate and optimise their presence on Social Media. Leading names from around the world rely on our product every day, including The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Times, The Sun and over 300 other leading publishers worldwide.
We work with people who have stellar academic backgrounds, as well as the ability to think innovatively. We have a very strong work ethic but understand the importance of autonomy in getting things done efficiently. We all enjoy a great degree of freedom in structuring our work, provided we are in the office most of the week and ultimately get the job done.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- 2.1 degree in a STEM subject from a top tier university
- Fluent written and spoken English
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong background in an OO language (e.g. Java, C#, C++).
- A familiarity with Java (SE8+) and a desire to become an expert.
- Knowledge of agile development (scrum, kanban, peer reviews etc)
- Knowledge of TDD & Continuous Integration
- An ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
- Genuine passion for technology
- Experience developing software as part of a team, e.g. open source software projects.
- NoSQL and RDBMS
- Experience working with React, CSS and HTML5
- An understanding of software security.