Senior Java Developer
You will work closely with our CTO to help meet the day to day business needs of Echobox by helping to coordinate the efforts and direction of the technical team. This includes planning, execution and delivery of the product roadmap, fixing technical problems, responding to customer questions and providing software development assistance to the Data Science team. As the technical team grows you will also become a product/developer team leader.
- Work with our CTO to help meet the day to day business needs of Echobox.
- Be jointly responsible for the maintenance and quality of codebases and infrastructure.
- Be responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of the product roadmap.
- Help transition prototypes developed by the Data Science team into highly available, scalable and performant end user products.
- Coordinate and coach other developers.
- Be part of an out-of-hours ‘on call’ rota in case of serious technical problems.
We are a fast-growing, research-driven, profitable startup building an artificial intelligence that helps online publishers overcome the challenges they face with their digital strategies.
Using novel maths, data science and machine learning techniques, we are revolutionising the publishing industry and have a track record of building things that others have ruled out as impossible.
Our AI is currently being used by online publishers to automate and optimise their presence on Social Media. Leading names from around the world rely on our product every day, including The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Times, The Sun and over 300 other leading publishers worldwide.
We work with people who have stellar academic backgrounds, as well as the ability to think innovatively. We have a very strong work ethic but understand the importance of autonomy in getting things done efficiently. We all enjoy a great degree of freedom in structuring our work, provided we are in the office most of the week and ultimately get the job done.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- 2.1 degree in a STEM subject from a top tier university.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years experience as a full-time developer in an OO language (e.g. Java, C#, C++) with a focus in high performance, concurrent, large-scale systems.
- A good familiarity with Java (SE8+)
- Experience leading a small software team, with strong project management skills.
- Strong experience with different types of database technologies.
- Agile development (scrum, kanban, peer reviews etc)
- TDD & Continuous Integration
- An ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
- Genuine passion for technology
- Experience designing and maintaining microservice based architectures.
- Experience utilising AWS services.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Familiarity with common *nix command line tools.
- Experience working with React, CSS and HTML5.
- An understanding of software security and common exploit methodologies