Senior Software Engineer
We only accept direct applications from candidates. We do NOT consider applications through recruiters or work with any recruitment agencies.
You will work closely with our CTO to help meet the day to day business needs of Echobox by helping to coordinate the efforts and direction of the technical team. This includes fixing technical problems, responding to customer questions and providing software development assistance to the Data Science team. As the technical team grows you will also become a product/developer team leader and be responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of parts of the long term product road-map.
- Work with our CTO to help meet the day to day business needs of Echobox.
- Be jointly responsible for the maintenance and quality of codebases and infrastructure.
- Help transition prototypes developed by the Data Science team into highly available, scalable and performant end user products.
- Coordinate and guide junior developers.
- Be part of an out-of-hours ‘on call’ rota in case of serious technical problems.
We are a fast-growing, research-driven startup building an artificial intelligence that helps online publishers overcome the challenges they face with their digital strategies.
Using novel maths, data science and machine learning techniques, we are revolutionising the publishing industry and have a track record of building things that others have ruled out as impossible.
Our AI is currently being used by online publishers to automate and optimise their presence on Social Media. Leading names from around the world rely on our product every day, including Le Monde, VICE, Vogue and Cosmopolitan. On average, we double their traffic coming from Social.
We like to think that our team is our best asset. When we’re not working hard at building things that others have ruled out as impossible, we have weekly team lunches and monthly team outings, grab a (soft) drink from our fully-stocked bar fridge or take a break in our awesome office lounge. We work with extremely smart and talented individuals, who all enjoy a high degree of responsibility and independence in structuring their work, provided they ultimately get the job done.
- Minimum 2.1 degree in a STEM subject from a top tier university such as Cambridge, Oxford, MIT, Harvard or equivalent.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as a full-time developer in an OO language (e.g. Java, C#, C++) with a focus in high performance, concurrent, large-scale systems.
- A strong familiarity with Java (SE7+)
- Experience leading a small software team, with strong project management skills.
- NoSQL and RDBMS
- Agile development (scrum, kanban, peer reviews etc)
- TDD & Continuous Integration
- Familiarity with common *nix command line tools
- An ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
- Genuine passion for technology
- Experience with managing AWS
- Automated deployment and configuration, i.e. infrastructure as code
- RESTful web services
- Experience working with JS frameworks (AngularJS, Backbone.js, etc), CSS and HTML5
- An understanding of software security
Unfortunately, due to large volumes of email, we are unable to respond to every application. If we have not been in contact within a week we will not be progressing with your application.